Nashville native Jim Todd graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Communication from Vanderbilt University, and then earned his law degree from University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law. Previously, Jim worked as special assistant for Senator Al Gore in Washington, DC and then later for Tennessee Governor Ned Ray McWherter.
For 13 years, Jim served as a prosecutor in Davidson County. He was appointed lead prosecutor for Criminal Court Division VI and also appointed special prosecutor for violent and gang related juvenile offenders.
Jim has been practicing law for more than 25 years and has grown his law practice into one of the most respected and trusted criminal defense firms in Nashville having been involved in either the prosecution or defense of thousands of criminal cases.
Jim defends individuals facing criminal charges in state and federal courts in Tennessee and throughout the Southeast.
Because of his expertise in the area of criminal law, Jim has been a guest lecturer for the West Virginia District Attorneys Conference, the Tennessee District Attorney’s Conference, the National District Attorney’s Conference, the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services Conference, the Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts, the Nashville Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association and the Metro Nashville Police Department.
Community & Civic Leadership
- Member, Juvenile Justice Reform Commission, by appointment of Governor Don Sundquist 1997 – 1998
- Chair, Subcommittee on Juvenile Justice Codes Reform pertaining to Criminal / Delinquency Matters, 1997 – 1998
- Past Board Member, Nashville Ballet
- Past Board Member, Nashville Urban League
- Past Board Member, NAARAL (North American Abortion Rights Action League)
- Past Board Chair, Metro Nashville Sexually-Oriented Business Licensing Board
Professional Memberships & Listings
- Member and Fellow, Nashville Bar Association
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, Leadership Law Class of 2009, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys